Author David Meerman Scott talks (in a video, ironically) about using video to enhance your communication plan. See video below.
The eternal cons to video are “Well, I don’t know how to edit video, and I’m not very good looking, and I don’t have the right clothes to wear, and I can’t afford a camera, and no one will want to hear what I have to say, and who will operate the camera, and….. ” Stop it. That is all wrong!
- Gary Vaynerchuk has proved with Wine Library TV that you don’t need to edit. Just shoot start to finish. Silly mistakes or impromptu interruptions actually make the video better.
- Yes, Gary uses a nice camera, but my $160 Flip HD shoots incredible video. This or a Kodak zi8 are all you need.
- Get a cheap tripod – you will operate the camera.
- None of us are that good looking, so who cares.
- And if you have a well-thought-out position on a topic, we want to hear from you.